I’m Sequoya aka simquoya.
I‘ve been playing The Sims since I was in the 5th grade (The Sims 1), and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
I started sharing my gameplay and Sims content in 2020 after hesitating on the idea for over a year. And can I tell you something? It’s been the best decision ever. I won’t say that I wished I started sooner because I believe in divine timing – so everything is going as it should.
I love sharing stories and the way I play The Sims is no different. I have so much fun creating sims and envisioning a full life for them. It was this that led my close friends, partner, and family to push my to start a Youtube channel. I would literally fill them in on all my sims’ tea like they knew them IRL.
It’s a joy of mine to create unique and complex sims that I can share with you all, while also highlighting wellness, diversity, and Black excellence.
A little more about me:
- I’m a #boymom
- I’m a yoga teacher (RYT-200)
- I’ve been creating content online since 2010 (I always stop and start new projects – I’m planning to stick with this)
- I love mangoes, matcha, kombucha, and water
- #teamstallion I’m 5’10”
- I had locs for almost 4 years – I cut them off Halloween 2020 (yes, I’m going to grow them back, just wanted a baldie for a while and to start over)
- Art was my first love
- Lo-fi gets me through the day
- My favorite podcasts are: The Friend Zone, The Read, Gettin’ Grown, Holding Court with Eboni K. Williams, Crime Junkie, My Favorite Murder, Good Moms Bad Choices, Therapy for Black Girls, NPR Life Kit, Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield, and Marketing School
- My favorite shows are: Insecure, Girlfriends, Law and Order: SVU, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Snowfall, Atlanta, Grownish
- I love reading
- I have tattoos – 7 or 8 right now (I lose count)
- Musically, my favorites are: The Internet, Steve Lacy, Matt Martians, and Aaliyah – plus hundreds of others…
Inquiring minds want to know…
Basically, if I had FAQ, they would go here, lol.
Why do you call us omies?
Y’all are my homies, but over here the vibes (vibrations) are always right – so, I call you guys my omies. So basically, omies is my spin of the word homies inspired by Om.
When said aloud, Om (or Aum) actually sounds like a three-part word. “The A represents creation, U is manifestation, and M is destruction,” explainis Kumar. “It’s basically all-encompassing—the whole universe joined into a single sound. It represents the union of the mind, body, and the spirit.”
This single word can produce powerful and positive vibrations which allows you to feel the whole universe.
What does simquoya mean?
My name is Sequoya – and I play The Sims! Sim-Quoya